Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Handle Bars for 1968 CL77

Looking for Bikes, Parts, Etc.? Post it here or try the New Honda305.com Auctions !!!
Waggs
honda305.com Member

Handle Bars for 1968 CL77

Post by Waggs » Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:36 pm

I could use some help locating a set of bars for my Bike to replace these ape hangers. I have not seen any listed on ebay. If there are other model bars that could be modified, I don't mind a little work. Your thoughts and help would be appreciated. Kenny

kustommusic
honda305.com Member

Post by kustommusic » Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:47 pm

Waggs, There were three types of handlebars used on CB77s, yours being a late model would have the "high" bars. The only part number I see in my parts book is 53100-268-670 I think they rise about 4 inches. The early bars are flat. I dont know whats available but try Western Hills Honda, and some others mentioned here in the forum. Mabey someone else can help on this too. Good Luck ! Kustommusic

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Re: Handle Bars for 1968 CL77

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:41 am

The question is posted for CL77 bars. RIGHT? I have ones with New Chrome here but they are expensive. Why you may ask. They are not bent and the cost to re-chrome them is a bunch because they are round everywhere and take a lot of prep work at the chrome shop. ..................lm
Waggs wrote:I could use some help locating a set of bars for my Bike to replace these ape hangers. I have not seen any listed on ebay. If there are other model bars that could be modified, I don't mind a little work. Your thoughts and help would be appreciated. Kenny

kustommusic
honda305.com Member

Post by kustommusic » Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:20 pm

Sorry all, about the wrong answer to the right question. Note to self " no more Crown Royal before trying to read the 305 Forum" Kustommusic

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:38 pm

I understand. At times I get a nose full of Tom Moore whiskey and am amazed the morning that someone hasn't put a contract out on me.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. .............lm
kustommusic wrote:Sorry all, about the wrong answer to the right question. Note to self " no more Crown Royal before trying to read the 305 Forum" Kustommusic

Waggs
honda305.com Member

Post by Waggs » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:09 pm

kustommusic wrote:Sorry all, about the wrong answer to the right question. Note to self " no more Crown Royal before trying to read the 305 Forum" Kustommusic
I was so happy that someone replied that a missed it, or maybe Michelob Amber

Waggs
honda305.com Member

Re: Handle Bars for 1968 CL77

Post by Waggs » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:12 pm

LOUD MOUSE wrote:The question is posted for CL77 bars. RIGHT? I have ones with New Chrome here but they are expensive. Why you may ask. They are not bent and the cost to re-chrome them is a bunch because they are round everywhere and take a lot of prep work at the chrome shop. ..................lm
Waggs wrote:I could use some help locating a set of bars for my Bike to replace these ape hangers. I have not seen any listed on ebay. If there are other model bars that could be modified, I don't mind a little work. Your thoughts and help would be appreciated. Kenny
LM, we need to talk!!!!!!! Kenny

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home