Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

My Diamond is still rough

Want to keep a Restoration Log? Post it here! You can include photos. Suggested format: One Restoration per Thread; then keep adding your updates to the same thread...
barnbiketom
honda305.com Member

NEW Primary chain from Sprockets Unlimited

Post by barnbiketom » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:06 pm

the old chain was slapping the inside top of the primary side cover.. just barely but still, it was almost shot, and the tensioner was all the way UP.
The new chain fits perfect and the tensioner is now way down like the thing is a new bike!!!!!
Attachments
IMG_20170217_124324 (Small).jpg
IMG_20170217_124324 (Small).jpg (99.17 KiB) Viewed 1277 times

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Re: NEW Primary chain from Sprockets Unlimited

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:01 am

Thanks for sharing.
Looks good.
Will you show me the center hub and pressure plate.
That is a CUSH outer. ..................lm
barnbiketom wrote:the old chain was slapping the inside top of the primary side cover.. just barely but still, it was almost shot, and the tensioner was all the way UP.
The new chain fits perfect and the tensioner is now way down like the thing is a new bike!!!!!

barnbiketom
honda305.com Member

Re: NEW Primary chain from Sprockets Unlimited

Post by barnbiketom » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:57 am

It will be a day or so ....I was bound and determined to see if the new Rotella T4 is the culprit . After we talked I threw it back together. Cleaned the plates etc. Changed oil to 10w.. news at 6 lol
LOUD MOUSE wrote:Thanks for sharing.
Looks good.
Will you show me the center hub and pressure plate.
That is a CUSH outer. ..................lm

]/quote]

barnbiketom
honda305.com Member

Post by barnbiketom » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:29 am

After the clutch slip saga, which has been resolved by dumping the Rotella T4 and using a regular motorcycle oil , I started having oil blowby. It was blowing out the head cover breather and that tube goes into the rh cover . I finally realized it wasn't a seal, but blowby so I removed and disassemble d the top end of the engine
Bike has 21k miles and no bent or broken cooling fins an no molested bolts. The gaskets looked stock and no scrape marks anywhere .( I soften gaskets with airplane stripper. They brush right off!!!!!)
One of the PISTON PIN CIRCLIPS came out and over time it gouged a huge up and down groove in one Barrell. It took a while to finally come clear out. Now it's missing. The piston has no damage. Very weird and the pin still floats but won't come out due to a tiny little interference of the clip groove
Anyone re sleeve a cylinder???
Last edited by barnbiketom on Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

barnbiketom
honda305.com Member

Post by barnbiketom » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:34 am

Pic
Attachments
IMG_20170221_162022-756x1344.jpg
IMG_20170221_162022-756x1344.jpg (148.82 KiB) Viewed 1216 times

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:59 am

I've replaced sleeves many times.
Call when you can. ...............lm
barnbiketom wrote:After the clutch slip saga, which has been resolved by dumping the Rotella T4 and using a regular motorcycle oil , I started having oil blowby. It was blowing out the head cover breather and that tube goes into the rh cover . I finally realized it wasn't a seal, but blowby so I removed and disassemble d the top end of the engine
Bike has 21k miles and no bent or broken cooling fins an no molested bolts. The gaskets looked stock and no scrape marks anywhere .( I soften gaskets with airplane stripper. They brush right off!!!!!)
One of the PISTON PIN CIRCLIPS came out and over time it gouged a huge up and down groove in one Barrell. It took a while to finally come clear out. Now it's missing. The piston has no damage. Very weird and the pin still floats but won't come out due to a tiny little interference of the clip groove
Anyone re sleeve a cylinder???

pemdoc65
honda305.com Member

Post by pemdoc65 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:38 am

Classic Honda Restoration sells replacement sleeves. They are easy to change out, but they need to be bored to size after installation. I heated my cylinders up in the oven (when my wife wasn't home) and they dropped right out. I put the new sleeve in the freezer, and it dropped into the warm block without much force.

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home