Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

1962 CB77 Rebirth log

Want to keep a Restoration Log? Post it here! You can include photos. Suggested format: One Restoration per Thread; then keep adding your updates to the same thread...
larryk
honda305.com Member

Post by larryk » Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:05 pm

I will likely hang on to the tank. Since there are so many mods I don't know if I will try and restore to stock or not.

I want to see if the engine will run before I make any decisions on restoration.

I will be away for the next two weeks so I will not work on the bike or be able to respond to posts.

Larry

larryk
honda305.com Member

I'm back

Post by larryk » Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:46 am

We are back from our Caribbean cruise. What a great time and good weather.

To keep this related to the restoration, I did look at the bike today when I put my antique tag on my '69 CL350.

Before we left on our trip I added some MMO to each cylinder so hopefully the rings are freed up.

Later this week I will vacuum out the carb intakes since the air filters that were on the bike have turned to dust, mostly, and a bunch of junk is in the intake. Once that is done I will crank it over with the kick start, if that is ok I will hook up a battery and see if it turns over with the starter motor. Then check for spark at the plugs, if that is ok I will put in the plugs, put some fuel in the carbs, and see if it will fire at all.

I'll let you know how it turns out.

Larry

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home