Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Honda Dream coming to life

Want to keep a Restoration Log? Post it here! You can include photos. Suggested format: One Restoration per Thread; then keep adding your updates to the same thread...
Maloymerc
honda305.com Member

Post by Maloymerc » Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:02 am

Just want to update the resto process, its still kinda slow...but its getting there:

The Frame is still in the works, it's being straightened using this large rectangular frame-it serves as the basis for aligning everything.

And here is a sample of what the paint will look like: I decided to use candy apple red, with a little two-toning with silver. Paint will be bit custom but will not deter from the vintage theme.
Attachments
frame.jpg
tank.jpg

4shorts
honda305.com Member

Post by 4shorts » Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:33 am

Wow Marlon I really like that paint work on your tank! Very nice job and allot of time went into it for sure. Candy Red is my favorite color. Same color as my GoldWing. I'm with you when it come to adding the custom touch. Sure looks nice. Can't wait to see it all done. Keep posting. Paul

Maloymerc
honda305.com Member

Post by Maloymerc » Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:06 am

4shorts wrote:Wow Marlon I really like that paint work on your tank! Very nice job and allot of time went into it for sure. Candy Red is my favorite color. Same color as my GoldWing. I'm with you when it come to adding the custom touch. Sure looks nice. Can't wait to see it all done. Keep posting. Paul
Thank you Paul.Really appreciate it, specially coming from someone who is an expert in the field of restoration. I really thought alot about what color to put. Since its a Honda, i felt that there should be red somewhere on the bike...so i thought, why not make the bike red with a custom flavor? And there it is, i'm very satisfied with the turn-out. Can't wait to finish painting the whole bike.

By the way paul, i hope you can post the restoration of your cubs on this site even though its a 305 site. Maybe you can post it on one of the sub forums. Those cubs are really interesting.Marlon

Maloymerc
honda305.com Member

almost complete

Post by Maloymerc » Fri May 25, 2007 10:47 pm

It's been awhile since my last post...been busy with work, and restoration on the Dream is kinda slow.Well, here's some updates- finally the paint is finished and is ready for assemble. I'm still waiting for my mechanic to work on it, but for the meantime, i put together what i could to save time.

Almost at the finish line...

oops..pics are in reverse order.
Attachments
dream pics6.jpg
dream pics2.jpg
dream pics3.jpg
dream pics4.jpg
dream pics5.jpg

Michael Stoic
honda305.com Member

Post by Michael Stoic » Sat May 26, 2007 8:34 pm

It's promising to be a great bike. I really like the two-tone design!! ...and the solo seat.

..MS

Maloymerc
honda305.com Member

Post by Maloymerc » Sat May 26, 2007 8:45 pm

Michael Stoic wrote:It's promising to be a great bike. I really like the two-tone design!! ...and the solo seat.

..MS
Thank you Michael...I really appreciate the compliments.

I hope to finish the bike by next week.

4shorts
honda305.com Member

Post by 4shorts » Tue May 29, 2007 11:12 am

ImageWow Marlon what a cool looking Dream you got there now! sure looks different than when you started out. I bet you won't see to many around like that one on the road.

Looks like a nice coat of paint as well. Going to be very interesting to see her assembled. I've been away from the computer these last few weeks. It's our busy season on this end plus home repairs but I was very pleased to see the progress of your bike.

Keep up the great work your doing and I'll be sure to check back again. Ride safe, Paul

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home