Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Parts

Want to keep a Restoration Log? Post it here! You can include photos. Suggested format: One Restoration per Thread; then keep adding your updates to the same thread...
ChickenHawk
honda305.com Member

Parts

Post by ChickenHawk » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:58 pm

I’m getting an overwhelming irresistible urge to start taking apart my super hawk. But I did order the Bill Silver books and would like to wait till I get them to start my restoration project. So to keep me from doing that I’ve been surfing the web trying to find good websites to buy parts. So my questions for today are;
How long does it take to get the books?
Does any one know any good places to buy new replica/original parts?
What is NOS and OEM?
Are all parts available, what do you do when they are not?
I have a lot more questions but I don’t want to overwhelm you guys.
Thanks for your help.

davomoto
honda305.com Member

Post by davomoto » Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:13 pm

Chickenhawk, ohiocycles and western hills honda are great for new old stock, NOS, and origional equipment manufacturer parts, OEM. Retro bikes has lots of repro stuff, and for what you can't find there, it's ebay or this site under parts wanted. Please keep the questions coming, we all were new at this at one point!

davomoto

kustommusic
honda305.com Member

Post by kustommusic » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:06 pm

Chicken, N.O.S.= new old stock. A part that was manufactured for the company to be used in the production of the bike(in this case) N.O.R.S.= A part that was manufactured to be sold in the aftermarket. O.E.M.= original equipment manufactured. Hope that helps,Kustommusic

ChickenHawk
honda305.com Member

Post by ChickenHawk » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:10 pm

thanks, you guys are a big help.

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home