Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

The Neverending Tale of a '65 Superhawk Restoration

Want to keep a Restoration Log? Post it here! You can include photos. Suggested format: One Restoration per Thread; then keep adding your updates to the same thread...
Seadog
honda305.com Member

Post by Seadog » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:21 am

Interesting project; I'm glad you picked up on it again. Keep the reports coming.

cfloren
honda305.com Member

Post by cfloren » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:49 pm

e3steve and Seadog: thanks guys. I have another update ready to post tonight. For some reason last night this site went down and I couldn't get anything to work.

Seems the site owner has gone MIA - it's sad to see this forum neglected, up on blocks with weeds poking up through the floorboards, as it were.

Maybe there's a way it could be handed off to someone new and revived. There is definitely a trove of information here that would be a shame to lose.

Seadog
honda305.com Member

Post by Seadog » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:38 pm

There's a whole thread on this in the off topic section. The forum owner is not responding to phone calls, emails or letters. In my letters (one of 4 has been returned) I suggested that he hand the site off. He was finally contacted indirectly through another source and is aware of our plight, but has not yet responded...and probably won't.
cfloren wrote:e3steve and Seadog: thanks guys. I have another update ready to post tonight. For some reason last night this site went down and I couldn't get anything to work.

Seems the site owner has gone MIA - it's sad to see this forum neglected, up on blocks with weeds poking up through the floorboards, as it were.

Maybe there's a way it could be handed off to someone new and revived. There is definitely a trove of information here that would be a shame to lose.

cfloren
honda305.com Member

Post by cfloren » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:22 pm

With the completely awful condition this website is in - I couldn't even load it for a few months - I decided to start a build thread over at HondaTwins.com.

Here it is, for anyone who's interested: https://www.hondatwins.net/forums/1-pro ... sight.html

If the owner of Honda305.com ever gets his act together and brings the site into the 21st century, fixing the spambot problem and the apparent server issues, then I would start updating this thread again!

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home