Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Scrambler Current Resto Status

Want to keep a Restoration Log? Post it here! You can include photos. Suggested format: One Restoration per Thread; then keep adding your updates to the same thread...
sibes67
honda305.com Member

Scrambler Current Resto Status

Post by sibes67 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:49 pm

Thought I'd put a few pics in this thread even though I started this project late Fall of 2012. Will run the bike this next summer without a "frame off", it will have its current patina from the day with various scratches & nicks or imperfections. But to be mechanically sound and safe. Still need new front tire, new seat eventually since the black duct tape will get boring soon to me, new correct mirrors, & normal maintenance/service. Bike is now running and it is very exciting to hear those pipes snort. Wifey in the house says they are a little loud, well they will be quieter once I can get it out of the garage.

1-8-13 C by sibes67, on Flickr

1-8-13 B by sibes67, on Flickr

Suggestions/comments appreciated or ideas towards completion.

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Re: Scrambler Current Resto Status

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:51 pm

Black tail light bracket?. ....lm
sibes67 wrote:Thought I'd put a few pics in this thread even though I started this project late Fall of 2012. Will run the bike this next summer without a "frame off", it will have its current patina from the day with various scratches & nicks or imperfections. But to be mechanically sound and safe. Still need new front tire, new seat eventually since the black duct tape will get boring soon to me, new correct mirrors, & normal maintenance/service. Bike is now running and it is very exciting to hear those pipes snort. Wifey in the house says they are a little loud, well they will be quieter once I can get it out of the garage.

Ford Guy
honda305.com Member

Post by Ford Guy » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:36 am

Looks pretty good. It would be nice if you could find some upper shock covers for the rear shocks. Paint them and the tail lite bracket to match the frame. If you need a tool to compress the rear shocks you can borrow mine.

Jon

sibes67
honda305.com Member

Re: Scrambler Current Resto Status

Post by sibes67 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:52 pm

LOUD MOUSE wrote:Black tail light bracket?. ....lm
sibes67 wrote:Thought I'd put a few pics in this thread even though I started this project late Fall of 2012. Will run the bike this next summer without a "frame off", it will have its current patina from the day with various scratches & nicks or imperfections. But to be mechanically sound and safe. Still need new front tire, new seat eventually since the black duct tape will get boring soon to me, new correct mirrors, & normal maintenance/service. Bike is now running and it is very exciting to hear those pipes snort. Wifey in the house says they are a little loud, well they will be quieter once I can get it out of the garage.

Yup, aware of that black TL bracket, actually it is the wrong one for this bike....will at least make it red when I can paint at the right temps in garage; thanks LM.
Ron

sibes67
honda305.com Member

Post by sibes67 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:57 pm

Ford Guy wrote:Looks pretty good. It would be nice if you could find some upper shock covers for the rear shocks. Paint them and the tail lite bracket to match the frame. If you need a tool to compress the rear shocks you can borrow mine.

Jon
Geez Louise, good reminder on the shock covers, will have to start hunting a couple of those down---being new to these bikes I had not even noticed that!! May take you up on that tool offer as I progress on this, thanks!
Ron

sibes67
honda305.com Member

Covers Done

Post by sibes67 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:36 pm

Thanks to forum member Kevin B, I got the covers back, looking just fine. Next step to enlist some help on re-installing them. Shocks themselves cleaned up pretty well, does not appear to have any leaks, some pitting on chrome, but very presentable as is. They should do ok since bike will be a rider for me.

Shocks w painted covers by sibes67, on Flickr

Ford Guy
honda305.com Member

Post by Ford Guy » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:01 am

Bring them by on a weekend and we will assemble them or borrow the tool. Just cost ya a craft beer.

Jon

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home