Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Kick Start lever help

Want to keep a Restoration Log? Post it here! You can include photos. Suggested format: One Restoration per Thread; then keep adding your updates to the same thread...
Fast Eddie
honda305.com Member

Kick Start lever help

Post by Fast Eddie » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:10 am

I am dismantling my 1964 CB77 and cannot see hoot dismantle the kick start lever completely to allow repair and chroming. The parts manual shows the the swivel kick part of the lever is held by a clip with a washer and spring below. The shop manual does not offer any advice at all and I cannot see how it comes apart. Can anyone out there give me some advice on how this comes apart?

promking
honda305.com Member

Re: Kick Start lever help

Post by promking » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:18 am

Fast Eddie wrote:I am dismantling my 1964 CB77 and cannot see hoot dismantle the kick start lever completely to allow repair and chroming. The parts manual shows the the swivel kick part of the lever is held by a clip with a washer and spring below. The shop manual does not offer any advice at all and I cannot see how it comes apart. Can anyone out there give me some advice on how this comes apart?
Hello Eddie. You posted this in the wrong section this is the restoration project section.

However, what are you looking for? What do you need to know how to take apart? It's fairly simple. After you remove the case on the right hand side, the clutch cable slips out.
Then there are a few circlips you need to remove, on of the front side of the case.
Then everything pretty much slides out of place.
Take notes and pictures to understand how this assembly works before you take it apart. I only say this because there will be a matching post to understand how to put it back together.

You can see the circlips I'm talking about in this picture, number 9 and 23. Once they are removed everything slides back, but like I said be careful to understand how this mechanism works before you're quick to disassemble it.

cknight
honda305.com Member

Kickstarter

Post by cknight » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:15 am

I believe the question is how to remove the kick lever (15) from the kick arm (14). Not a fun task, depending on the tools you have available. You can PM me, and I'll try to work with you on this. Regards, Chase

Hoosier Tom
honda305.com Member

Post by Hoosier Tom » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:55 am

Chase will get you squared away. You have to compress the spring (19) by pushing on the washer (17) and then popping off the clip (18).

HT

promking
honda305.com Member

Re: Kickstarter

Post by promking » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:50 pm

cknight wrote:I believe the question is how to remove the kick lever (15) from the kick arm (14). Not a fun task, depending on the tools you have available. You can PM me, and I'll try to work with you on this. Regards, Chase
Yeah I re-read and realized I'm an idiot lol
Sorry! But glad the diagram can help.

Fast Eddie
honda305.com Member

Post by Fast Eddie » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:20 pm

Hi Chase,
I have studied and looked at this so I now can see that this spring has to be compressed. What do you suggest is the best way that this can be carried out?
Eddie

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home