Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

CB77 Kick start shaft bushes.

Want to keep a Restoration Log? Post it here! You can include photos. Suggested format: One Restoration per Thread; then keep adding your updates to the same thread...
Billiam
honda305.com Member

Post by Billiam » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:57 am

Yo guys, Gotta saythis forum is really rather good, even matches the Le Velocette forum which is itself exceptional.
Thanks for the oil and fuel pipe info, comforting to know I'm in good company.
And G Man - Just spotted you're one hundred & twentysix page thread.
Respect or what. You have got to turn it into a book when you have a few spare mins.
Glad also to see I'm treading the same path on bushing the kick start spindle, thanks
Regarding meeting up is there ever anything organised, somewhere central preferably then I could buy the beers.
I thought my bike looked rough but compared with what you started with !
The camera really does lie, mine looks much rougher in the metal. God knows what yours was really like.

My ditch find which incidentally spent the first year of its existence, unsold, in the USA before being shipped over here. Was that particlarly unusual and why.
So many questo's to be answered.

G-Man
honda305.com Member

Post by G-Man » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:24 pm

Billiam

Glad you like the Forum. There some knowledgeable people here and each new person brings a fresh perspective.

The CB72 thread is a bit of a saga, isn't it?

I enjoy working things out and I set myself the challenge a while back to restore a batch of these bikes just so that I could see and appreciate the difference from year to year.

That's why you see a bit of repetition here and there where I do a batch of kickstart parts or whatever.

The 1961 bike is most interesting though, as that's where it all started.

I don't really understand why your bike should have travelled here so early in its existence.

G

Billiam wrote:Yo guys, Gotta saythis forum is really rather good, even matches the Le Velocette forum which is itself exceptional.
Thanks for the oil and fuel pipe info, comforting to know I'm in good company.
And G Man - Just spotted you're one hundred & twentysix page thread.
Respect or what. You have got to turn it into a book when you have a few spare mins.
Glad also to see I'm treading the same path on bushing the kick start spindle, thanks
Regarding meeting up is there ever anything organised, somewhere central preferably then I could buy the beers.
I thought my bike looked rough but compared with what you started with !
The camera really does lie, mine looks much rougher in the metal. God knows what yours was really like.

My ditch find which incidentally spent the first year of its existence, unsold, in the USA before being shipped over here. Was that particlarly unusual and why.
So many questo's to be answered.
'60 C77 '60 C72 '62 C72 Dream '63 CL72
'61 CB72 '64 CB77 '65 CB160
'66 Matchless 350 '67 CL77
'67 S90 '77 CB400F

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home