Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Apex Cycle quality exhaust???? (NOT)

Bought anything recently? Liked it? Hated it? Post your review...
brewsky
honda305.com Member

Post by brewsky » Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:20 am

Now I'm a little worried, as I have a set of these on the way now!
For $175 delivered (e-bay buy it now) I'm really not expecting NOS quality.
If they look good at 10 feet, that's all I really need.
A friend found a set of NOS at Mid Ohio for $1,600.00, but I had to pass!
Will report later on my experience.

Phil-UK
honda305.com Member

Post by Phil-UK » Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:41 am

Hi Brewsky

You getting the APEX Cycle ones or the David Silver ones ? .. I'm guessing the APEX
as the DS ones sell here in the Uk at £160 + tax each !! ( over $300 ).
I've no experience of the APEX ones but the price sounds good .. sure they'll look OK and
I think its a case of making sure they fit properly so they don't come into contact.

The DS one's I fitted needed a bit of work for all the bolt holes to line up and then I
felt they were too close to the rear wheel spindle so used spacers to splay the end out a bit.

Maybe you could put some pictures up on the forum when you get them,

cheers

Phil

brewsky
honda305.com Member

Post by brewsky » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:19 am

Phil,
I ordered the Apex ones, and will post some pics when they arrive.

mike69
honda305.com Member

Apex

Post by mike69 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:41 pm

Had a real bad experience with Tom at Apex.Bought a pair of 305 header pipes for my Dream.He sent me 2 left hand pipes. I e-mailed him that he sent me 2 of the same pipes,his reply was the pipes are interchangeable! He tells me he had these pipes specially made for him and that there is no way the pipes will not fit on either side! What a crock of you know what!I even offered to pay return shipping and for shipping back to me.He refused to admit his mistake.I told him I would take it up with Pay-pal and his reply was "F**k off A**hole" I was nothing but polite with this guy and tried to reason with him but he just wanted to be stubborn.I returned the pipes registerd mail,contacted pay-pal.They in turn contacted him and he said he never recieved the pipes,even though I had proof that he had.Pay-pal ruled in my favor and I was refunded parts plus shipping both ways. I will never deal with this jerk again.I'd rather spend $200 to get a pipe rechromed than to give this guy another nickle.

natek9
honda305.com Member

dont use apex

Post by natek9 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:43 pm

mike 69....i can only empathize with you too well. i bought the ca77 exhaust pipes. when i put them on they were much lower and protruded out further than the originals and i could not see how you could make a turn at speed without making sparks. so i contacted tom and told him they would not work. he told me to return them for a refund. i put them in the mail and bought $200 worth of shipping insurance. unfortunatly tom is claiming that he never received them and that i should F**k off and "go and bother some other guy." in my interactions with him via email he repeatedly insulted me using all manner of profanity and disrespect. while paypal will not help with my situation, my bank has been more than willing to help. hopefully he will be answering to some fraud charges in the not to distant future. i would not recomend patronizing his business to my worst enemy(which,at the moment,is tom d of apex cycle)

ps...the honda 305 forum should ditch him as a sponsor.

i hope you read this tom, as i now have proof of delivery.....

Michael Stoic
honda305.com Member

Re: dont use apex

Post by Michael Stoic » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:58 pm

natek9 wrote:...to some fraud charges in the not to distant future. i would not recomend patronizing his business to my worst enemy(which,at the moment,is tom d of apex cycle)

Already been ditched.

..MS

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Re: dont use apex

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:18 pm

Good for you Michael. ...............lm

Michael Stoic wrote:
natek9 wrote:...to some fraud charges in the not to distant future. i would not recomend patronizing his business to my worst enemy(which,at the moment,is tom d of apex cycle)

Already been ditched.

..MS
RIDE IT DON'T HIDE IT!

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home