Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Fuel caps on Ebay!!!! Check dealer!

Bought anything recently? Liked it? Hated it? Post your review...
4shorts
honda305.com Member

Fuel caps on Ebay!!!! Check dealer!

Post by 4shorts » Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:35 pm

Folks I have to apologize for all my posts on this site but since I've started this Dream of mine I've seen allot of crazy things and one of them would be shopping for a new fuel cap. The first place I looked was Ebay and yes there were plenty of them. I also checked with my local Honda dealer and believe it or not those caps are still in the inventory and are easy to get. Mine cost me less than $10. and there was no shipping. Also the newer caps sits a little higher on the tank making it even better than the original because if you look at the first picture the original cap could easily scrape the top of a newly refinished tank such as mine will be and that wouldn't be very good indeed.

I've posted pics of the caps to compare what I'm talking about and the last pic shows the part number. I don't want to take over this site so I'll be out of here for awhile and see if anyone else wants to try and bring some life to the site. I kind of feel like I'm talking to myself. Ride safe, Paul

Dogsbd
honda305.com Member

Post by Dogsbd » Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:28 pm

4shorts please don't slow down your posting, I for one am learning a lot from your posts. And if you take a look at the number of views on each of your threads you'll notice that others are interested as well.

piecutter
honda305.com Member

Post by piecutter » Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:32 pm

Yes, the replacement caps are readily available from Honda, but they are slightly different visually. The differences are slight. The first being the edge around the top having a deeper, more pronounced crease. The side also has more closely spaced grip grooves and a taller profile. It's only a problem for the serious "part number geek".
Sorry, I mean "Purist".

bill440cars
honda305.com Member

Post by bill440cars » Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:16 am

Good to know about those gas caps. Besides saving on shipping, probably save on actual cost too. Some of those items get bumped up more than they should.

4shorts, I also hope you don't get the idea of backing off doing posts in this section cause you put out info that we all need to know and we definitely appreciate your efforts more than you know. Thanks for that.

Later on, Bill

4shorts
honda305.com Member

Post by 4shorts » Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:59 am

bill440cars wrote:Good to know about those gas caps. Besides saving on shipping, probably save on actual cost too. Some of those items get bumped up more than they should.

4shorts, I also hope you don't get the idea of backing off doing posts in this section cause you put out info that we all need to know and we definitely appreciate your efforts more than you know. Thanks for that.

Later on, Bill

Gee Bill thanks for that. I've stepped back for a bit and let someone else take the torch. I figured no one was looking at these posts so I kind of gave up so I do appreciate your kind words. I've also been busy buying a few old Honda Passports and a Cub to restore so this being a 305 site I've been looking around the "Other" sites related to those bikes I just bought.

As for the duel cap. I got mine at the local Honda dealer and I'm more than pleased with it. I also know what you mean about the shipping on Ebay. Some sellers are just not happy with making a profit on there item, they want to clean you out on the shipping as well. Paul

~Aron~
honda305.com Member

Post by ~Aron~ » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:11 am

I can agree with this post, I was going to get one off ebay, but after reading this I checked my local Honda dealer, and found that it was about the same as ebay prices but no shipping. So I am getting one from Honda, and the extra clearance would be nice anyways because the one I currently have is very close to touching the tank and so,etimes a little hard to get a good grip on it.
1967 CL77 Owner (work in progress)

Dogsbd
honda305.com Member

Post by Dogsbd » Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:31 am

Similar situation, see eBay item 370032125734

Shift shaft seal 91202-250-000 for CA77, 2 sold for $46.

I got one at my local Honda dealer for $8.

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home