Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Great Resource for Cam Re-grinding

Bought anything recently? Liked it? Hated it? Post your review...
kleindorf
honda305.com Member

Great Resource for Cam Re-grinding

Post by kleindorf » Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:14 pm

I just received my CL77 cams after having them re-ground by a small shop that came highly recommended.The business is Colt Cams in British Columbia,Canada (West Coast),and have a website.The cams retained the stock profiles as well as being Parkerised for wear reduction.The owner,Geoff Bardal is very friendly and knowledgeable about vintage motorcycles and cars.Owners of British and Italian vintage bikes have used him for years.Highly recommended and very reasonable for the service and quality.

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Re: Great Resource for Cam Re-grinding

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:27 am

WHAt grind did you get and what was the cost?. ...........lm

kleindorf wrote:I just received my CL77 cams after having them re-ground by a small shop that came highly recommended.The business is Colt Cams in British Columbia,Canada (West Coast),and have a website.The cams retained the stock profiles as well as being Parkerised for wear reduction.The owner,Geoff Bardal is very friendly and knowledgeable about vintage motorcycles and cars.Owners of British and Italian vintage bikes have used him for years.Highly recommended and very reasonable for the service and quality.

kleindorf
honda305.com Member

CL77 Cam Grinding

Post by kleindorf » Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:01 pm

Regarding LM's inquiry,the cam was re-ground to stock Honda OEM specs.Cost was approx. $150.00 USD.

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Re: CL77 Cam Grinding

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:05 pm

Great Scott!
Let me know next time you need cams. ..............lm

kleindorf wrote:Regarding LM's inquiry,the cam was re-ground to stock Honda OEM specs.Cost was approx. $150.00 USD.

kleindorf
honda305.com Member

CL77 Cam Grinding

Post by kleindorf » Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:38 pm

I'm sure "Great Scott" translates pretty clearly to everybody.Since Powroll and other cam suppliers have abandoned the marketplace,all I could think of was Megacycle for re-working the cams.Now,what I DO require are 4 rocker arms.The cost from the usual suppliers is stratospheric.Your advice greatly appreciated.

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Re: CL77 Cam Grinding

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:41 pm

Please contact me at <emo@ktc.com>. ........lm

kleindorf wrote:I'm sure "Great Scott" translates pretty clearly to everybody.Since Powroll and other cam suppliers have abandoned the marketplace,all I could think of was Megacycle for re-working the cams.Now,what I DO require are 4 rocker arms.The cost from the usual suppliers is stratospheric.Your advi

ce greatly appreciated.

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home