Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

por 15

Bought anything recently? Liked it? Hated it? Post your review...
deez
honda305.com Member

por 15

Post by deez » Wed May 28, 2008 2:11 am

so im thinking of using por 15 on my tank. before i do, i was wondering if anyone has used it on a tank. good stories or bad i would love to get some feedback on this product.
thanks
-dee

ggray
honda305.com Member

POR15

Post by ggray » Wed May 28, 2008 7:47 am

Used their motorcycle tank sealing kit on mine.

Just follow the instructions TO THE LETTER.

Also I rigged up a set of tubes to force hot air into the tank after the marine clean and the metal ready.

It was a tube approx. the size of the heat gun nozzle attached to a metal electrical conduit elbow that fit in the fuel filler hole in the tank. Both tubes combined were approx 2.5' long.

This forced hot air out of the heat gun into the tank and exited through the petcock and reserve tank holes. Did this for a few hours so I knew the tank was dry.

Just make sure you slosh the sealer around inside the tank for 100% coverage. (Your arms will get tired doing this but it is critical!!)

So far so good on my tank.

I've used POR15 products in the past and for the most part, I've found them to be excellent products.

Oh, you can salvage the Metal Ready after you use it but not the Marine Clean or the sealer.

Hope this helps.

Gary
'65 CL77 Owner

joeweir1
honda305.com Member

Post by joeweir1 » Wed May 28, 2008 7:26 pm

I also used POR15 on 2 CA77 tanks 3 years ago and one on bike is still in great shape and the other is on the shelf for a spare.Did two tanks with one kit.Can't resuse any left over sealer from what I remember.It will harden once opened.

deez
honda305.com Member

Post by deez » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:32 am

thanks for the info, much appreciated! so i followed the directions to the letter and all seems well. the lady wasnt to happy when she came out to the garage to find her hair dryer fixed onto my gas tank on full blast! hahaha that was pretty hilarious. you were not joking about the arms getting tired part ( just realized im out of shape!) thanks again
-deez

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home