Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Honda C200

Who said it was only about Motorcycles? What else do you collect, restore, enjoy... ?
4shorts
honda305.com Member

Honda C200

Post by 4shorts » Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:43 pm

Started the 1966 C200 this week. All stripped down at this point and some chrome parts gone out to be re-plated. I might have to use the muffler like it is because I can't find a new one and the re-platers won't chrome it because it may contaminate there tanks but It's not bad like it is anyhow.

Last evening I sand blasted some of the parts and after I had them done I found the frame full of some kind of a critters nest so I had a bit of trouble getting that out. what ever was in there had planned on staying awhile seeing the nest was tough to get out.

I got the wheels unlaced and ready to polish the hubs and some other stuff. I've had the little bike running before I stripped it down and it runs like a finely tuned clock so I'm lucky there.

I was out on a service call last week and dragged home a C70 Passport. It's rough to look at but runs like new so I'll be doing that one as well. I was surprised to see it was a 1984 model. I thought the last year for them in Canada was 1983. This one is all electronic ignition and 12 volts.

Anyway here's some more pics to bore you with. Paul

Below is the critters nest!

Here's the 1984 C70 Passport I dragged home!

Dogsbd
honda305.com Member

Post by Dogsbd » Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:00 pm

Some time next year I expect to see some pictures of your new addition being built, to house all your restored bikes!

Thanks for giving these great old bikes many more years of life, due to your hard work folks will be most likely be enjoying them when all of us on this forum are gone.

4shorts
honda305.com Member

Post by 4shorts » Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:43 am

I don't know Cecil about an addition to the building. I need one for sure because I am out of room. I just can't seem to leave these old bikes on the side of the road when I see them. After the C70 and the C200 is completed I'm retiring from bike restoration. That's what the wife said anyway! :)

As always I appreciate your kind words and encouragement. I keep posting this old junk I have here hoping someone will find it interesting. Ride safe my friend.

4shorts
honda305.com Member

Post by 4shorts » Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:59 am

One of the things I really dislike about restoring these old bike is polishing the aluminum parts but It's an essential part of the finished product. It sure makes a big mess so that's why I'm doing it outside. Here's how it looks. Paul

4shorts
honda305.com Member

Post by 4shorts » Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:27 pm

Today the rims showed up for the C200 so I got some lacing to do now. I also decided to speed up the bead blasting of the tank by trying a new spray-on paint remover and boy does this stuff ever work good. In one minute all the paint was off and all I had to do was spray it on and get the garden hose to wash it off. Kind of strange how Honda would paint these old bikes and not use any primer and yet the paint lasted!

4shorts
honda305.com Member

Post by 4shorts » Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:34 pm

I had an extra hours this afternoon and the rims and spokes were calling out to me from the bench so I laced them. I'll put them in the truing stand tonight and set them up. Here's a few more pics.

4shorts
honda305.com Member

Post by 4shorts » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:33 am

Well I got the wheels laced and trued. New tubes, tires and rim strips installed. Replacement swing arm for the one that was damaged on the bike when I got it and now time to do a little body work.

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home