Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Finally Chiming in from Colorado

Who said it was only about Motorcycles? What else do you collect, restore, enjoy... ?
Rizingson
honda305.com Member

Post by Rizingson » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:53 am

Billiam wrote:Respect. Brilliant. I should have come to America. Had a job an all with Tupperware all lined up but bottled out at the last moment.
While I believe there's many more bikes here in America still lying around in barns, basements and unfortunately outside in backyards, respect to all in the UK for your ability to continue bringing back to life bikes we'd consider scrape. Our wasteful society is really quite disheartening to me. Maybe that's why I'm trying to save as many as I can.
Update on the CB92: After showing it around the country as part of my Honda display, I've retired it to my own static display for the time being. Here's a few pics of it.

At Motoring Fest in McPherson Kansas

In Santa Fe NM were it got a first place at the Motorado Show.

In Scottsbluff Nebraska at the Western Nebraska Vintage Motorcycle Show

And currently retired on display in my house.
Looking forward to this years shows. I'll be featuring Yamaha's from the '60s this summer.

G-Man
honda305.com Member

Post by G-Man » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:59 am

Great collection and lovely story from your youth. I grew up on a farm too, and was riding bikes in the fields from 12 or 13 years old. An Engineering career and Family have diverted my bike fettling time and funds over the years but I am looking foward to some quality retirenent where I can get my projects finished.

I am envious of the bikes you can find in the US but they still crop in the UK too. Just in not quite such nice condition.

1964 CB77

1961 CB72

The nice thing we have in the UK is a registration document and number which stays with teh bike from birth. The document can lead you to previous owners and the original registered engine & frame number.

G
'60 C77 '60 C72 '62 C72 Dream '63 CL72
'61 CB72 '64 CB77 '65 CB160
'66 Matchless 350 '67 CL77
'67 S90 '77 CB400F

border0_3
honda305.com Member

Post by border0_3 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:58 pm

What a great history Lyle. The long term thinking of guys like you, G-Man
Alan W, HondaBrian, LM, Seadog and others have saved many a classic from the junk pile. Down under the bikes are harder to find and much more expensive. Brian and I picked up a 1965 CB77 recently. Left overs from a classic racer fraternity. Wish we had the numbers like the USA has. Regards to all.

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home