Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Left cylinder cover oil ways

Ontheway
honda305.com Member

Left cylinder cover oil ways

Post by Ontheway » Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:18 am

Hello all. First posting and wanted to say thanks to all of you for sharing your most valuable information and experience. I am working on a 1963 CB77 (slowly) and reading many of the posts in the forum. Currently putting the engine together and have a question regarding the left cylinder cover. Hope I have the right terminology here. There is an oil passage on the inside of the cover with 3 holes in it. One larger (about an 1/8th of an inch diameter) at one end of the passage way and two smaller ones ( less then 1/16th “) at the other end. One of these I can push a wire through and it exits above hole for cam gear shaft. The other I cannot get wire through. I assume these are oil feeds. Where does the second hole exit ?
Left cylinder cover.
Left cylinder cover.

Ontheway
honda305.com Member

Re: Left cylinder cover oil ways

Post by Ontheway » Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:56 am

Figured this out. Second weep hole comes out in roof of opening for tachometer gear. What ever was in there was very hard and stuck. Used 1/16th “ bit to drill out hole. Hope this helps someone. Excellent forum.
Attachments
1/16 “ bit to clean out hole
1/16 “ bit to clean out hole
Wire comes through in hole near bottom of picture
Wire comes through in hole near bottom of picture

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home